View the update history by version.
4.5.3 February 02, 2022
- Resolves an issue where UI elements are hidden when Windows display 'Scale and Layout' settings are set to a value greater than 100%.
4.5.2 February 01, 2022
- Tweaked button group widths.
4.5.1 January 31, 2022
- Update layout to prevent inaccessible buttons.
4.5.0 January 17, 2022
- Updated extension window layout to better accommodate smaller (in height) screen sizes.
- Changed 'Reset' button to 'Restore Defaults'.
- Added close button on top of extension window.
- Removed 'updatePanel' method from being called after changing colors, etc.
- Added new 'Alerts' panel.
4.4.1 January 04, 2022
- Automatically convert units when 'RulerUnits' are changed.
4.4.0 December 27, 2021
- Convert default values to proper units based on 'RulerUnits'.
- Scale denominator allows for decimal values (e.g. converting from centimeters to meters).
- Custom units text should default to current ruler units if not enabled.
- Add note in Styles panel for 'Unknown' ruler units.
4.3.3 October 13, 2021
- Modified update instructions.
4.3.2 October 12, 2021
- Added instructions on how to update the extension within the extension 'Updates' tab.
4.3.1 October 04, 2021
- Resolves issue with Restore Defaults not checking for existence of field.
- Resolves issue with Custom Units Label setting not persisting.
4.3.0 September 27, 2021
- Choose to display non-whole-number measurements in decimals or fractions.
- When using decimals, measurements can now be displayed with up to 5 decimal places (previously, the maximum was 4).
- When using fractions, the user can set the maximum denominator value which impacts how the rounding algorithm interprets the measurement (default is 64).
- Optionally include a dash between the whole number and the fraction, when applicable. Example: 1 3/4 or 1-3/4
- The decimal places setting has been moved from the Styles panel to the Options panel.
- Allows for more customization in the custom label text by allowing additional character types.
4.2.3 September 09, 2021
- Updating extension panel height and spacing.
4.2.2 July 22, 2021
- Updating label text to a single space between units and measurement.
4.2.1 July 16, 2021
- Detect whether settings can be reset based on new layer lock option (oops).
4.2.0 July 15, 2021
- Add SPEC layer option panel, along with option to lock/not lock the SPEC layer after adding dimensions.
- Resolves issue with some boolean (true/false) settings not persisting.
4.1.2 June 04, 2021
- Handle if user does not select a compatible font.
4.1.1 June 02, 2021
- Handle if user does not have a selected font installed.
4.1.0 June 02, 2021
- Adding persistent font family selection for dimension label text.
4.0.2 March 30, 2021
- Fixing extension panel icons.
4.0.0 March 19, 2021
- Releasing as Adobe Exchange compatible extension.
3.2.2 March 03, 2021
- Updating artwork files and external URLs.
3.2.0 January 14, 2021
- User-defined options, styles, and settings are now persistent after closing and re-opening application.
3.1.0 December 28, 2020
- Changed custom scale dropdown to an editable text field to allow for a scales ranging from 1/1 to 1/999.
3.0.3 December 10, 2020
- Properly convert stroke width, gap, and head and tail units.
3.0.2 October 30, 2020
- Code formatting - no script/extension changes.
3.0.1 October 26, 2020
- Reverting to CEP 9 (Adobe needs to get it together - causing crashes when developers aren't even changing code).
3.0.0 October 26, 2020
- Update for CEP 10
2.0.4 June 23, 2020
- Adjusting default stroke width to 1 unit (instead of 0.5).
- Updated internal build process.
2.0.3 June 19, 2020
- Minor patch, simply adjusts the default stroke width to 1 unit (instead of 0.5).
2.0.2 June 19, 2020
- New Dialog UI and Adobe Extension.
- This release completely updates the Specify dialog UI, and adds a version packaged as Free Extension available via Adobe Exchange for Illustrator CC users.
1.3.1 June 11, 2018
- Resolves "out of specified range" error for font size input less than 1.0 by automatically adding a leading zero to the font size field if user enters a value such as .25 instead of 0.25. For reference, font sizes require a leading zero on input.
1.3.0 June 12, 2017
- User-defined custom scale for dimensions and labels.
- This release enables the user to specify a working scale along with allowing for customizable unit labels. For example, if you are designing an engineering drawing at 1/4 scale (or 1:4), you simply choose this ratio from the SCALE dropdown menu, and then enable a Custom Units Label that corresponds to the unit labels to output.
1.2.2 January 23, 2017
- Prevents the script from generating a dashed line when specifying the dimensions of an object with dashed paths.
1.2.1 January 19, 2017
- The font size input in the options panel now allows the user to specify the size of the label text in the same units as the document ruler.
- Also fixed a bug with the help text that appears when hovering over an input field in the Specify dialog box. Help text was showing the current settings as Defaults rather than the script's default values.
1.2.0 November 14, 2016
- Implemented environmental variables to persist settings (to persist options between running the script multiple times, even between multiple documents) until application is closed.
- Added a 'Restore Defaults' button to roll back to initial settings.
- Removed 'Advanced Options' toggle and section; moved all items into 'Options' panel.
- Refactored code.
1.1.0 October 06, 2016
- Now possible to specify multiple objects simultaneously.
- Added 'Select All' option to easily select all dimensions to specify.
- Added 'Advanced Options' panel.
- Easily change font size.
- Easily change RGB color of dimension lines and labels.
- Easily change number of decimal places for dimension labels.
- Fixed issue with label spacing.
- Improved UI of dialog box and options.
- Added help tips (hover over options in dialog).
- Updated 'Specify' button and added 'Cancel' button.
- Improved error handling.
- Refactored code.
1.0.0 May 10, 2016
- Initial release.
Save time and add dimensions with the click of a button!